Sunday, March 22, 2015

Response to Boy Marries Hill

This is a very interesting drama with many mutations on plot. Sometimes I think it should be as I expected, but the plot surprisingly performed a big turning point.
Tapesh is the character who I’d like to review. In the early part of the story, I have always regarded Tapesh as a submissive, irresponsible, superstitious softhead. I think he was a rubber stamp because he only listen to your mother and couldn't make any decision by himself; Considering him superstitious because he even believe the nonsense which he must marry hill to remove the curse; And considering him irresponsible, of course, because he stubbornly break up with pregnant girlfriend. Compared to the immorality of abandoning pregnant girlfriend, his only advantages of filial piety isn't worth mentioning.
In the middle part of the drama, the pizza boy tell him that stayed beside mom is not happy, Tapesh is still hesitating. Ok, I can understand, after all, his mother is such a great mother who rescues the whole family. However, the main reason I belittle him is that subjectively, I hate those who cannot simply deal with emotional conflict, especially hesitating because of the ridiculous ideas which will destroys the normal life. As for his cursed mother, I think it is inclined to her fear and anxiety of killing her husband so that mother wants to her son came back, to guard and support the family. A real man should use other right ways to soothe my mother, ignoring the absurd decision to marry hill, and then responsibly marry Darshini.

What amazed me is during the final part of the plot, an abrupt change on plot appeared. He likes mountain in deed. Darshini’s cheat makes him understand his real love. Such plot change made me have nothing to say, it turns out to becomes an ending that Tapesh overcomes difficulties and finds true love at last. How strange the end is! I cannot understand it anymore!

1 comment:

  1. Yes. Lots of this can be very confusing.
    I think you're right to point out the changes in character as well as the many surprises. Why do you think this play ends the way it does?

    ReplyDelete